Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Getting Stuff Done!


Trivia: Did you know that artist's sometimes eat their fruit with the pointy end of their paint brush? :)

In the last few weeks Cherilyn has completed not one, but TWO oil paintings! The subject matter is women statuary that are very fun. Check them out!



These are actual coins that hobos have carved different faces into. Just wait and see all the different faces!

I have been working on my Jesus painting in oil (11X14) for the Springville Museum of Art's "Religious and Spiritual Art of Utah" show this year. Wish me luck!



Jennifer Benson brought her computer to the studio and did some research on images for a new project she's doing which is a landscape painting after the style of country/folk art, where one can see all significant landmarks of a region all at once. We are very excited to see what she does with this!


Over the past several weeks Cherilyn and I have had the pleasure to paint with two new artists: Nick and Richard. It's been fun to see what they like to do.
.


Our studio had a special visitor all the way from Texas last week! Mary Adams; who is a member of our Practicing Artists League. She worked on a painting of the tree of life (which I realize now, I did not get a photo of...sorry, Mary!) But I do have a great photo of the two of us together!


Cherilyn brought her Jesus painting to show to Mary. I LOVE those
warm browns! Good job, Cherilyn!

No comments:

Post a Comment